Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated. Cook a delicious meal with ease using our Steak and Wedges recipe.
- 3 clove garlic
- 4 potatoes
- 1 bag mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 packet beef rump
- 1 tub garlic aioli
- 2 packet shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup of black peppercorns
- Heart Salt
- Olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Cut unpeeled potato into 1cm wedges (ensure the potato is cut to the right size).
- Place the potato on the oven tray lined with baking paper. Add the whole garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Heart Salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Position the potatoes in a single layer and roast for 25-30 minutes (or until tender).
- While the wedges are baking, wash and prepare mixed lettuce and arrange on serving plate.
- When there’s 15 minutes cooking time remaining for the wedges, heat a small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Season the steaks with Heart Salt and pepper on both sides. Once hot, add 1/2 the steaks and cook for a few minutes (2-3) on each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking (this will result in a medium steak). Place on plate and put aside to rest. Repeat with the remaining steaks.
- As the steak rests, push the flat side of a knife onto the roasted garlic to squeeze out the flesh (recommended to use a chopping board). Mash the garlic into a paste by using a fork and place in small bowl. Add the vinegar and peppercorns, 3 tbs olive oil and any resting juices from the steak to the roasted garlic. Season with Heart Salt and pepper before mixing. Add 1/2 the dressing to the salad leaves and toss to combine.
- Slice the steak thinly. Divide the steak, wedges & lettuce between plates. Sprinkle shaved Parmesan into the salad and use the remaining garlic dressing to drizzle the steak. Serve with garlic aioli.